1. Be respectful of beliefs and lifestyles which you may not personally agree with. We are here for healing and support, not to come under further attack. This rule may require you to do some research before posting on this community. Research won't hurt you, we promise.
1a. As an addendum, please do not be surprised if someone who is part of the beliefs or lifestyles that you just so graciously shat upon gets upset at you. You are protected from having your beliefs attacked. You are not protected from consequences for acting like a douchebag.
1b. If someone posts, saying they do not understand a certain set of beliefs, because as they have heard it, it sounds like something that has been used by religiously abusive people, and they request it be explained, this is not an attack. Simply asking to have it explained is not wrong.
1c. However, if the wording of the request is rude, offensive, or implies the person may already have a negative opinion of it and isn't likely to change, no matter how you answer, feel free to contact a mod and otherwise ignore the question. Phrasing your prejudice as a request doesn't get you off the hook.
2. Be respectful when you give advice. If someone is in an unhealthy place for them, spiritually and emotionally, and on a path of self-harm, attacking or jumping on them, or even failing to remember basic manners will not help them any, and in fact, may only make the issue worse.
2a. Do not take well-meant advice as a personal attack, and wait a time before responding if something angers you. If you witness a confrontation about to explode,
please meditate calmly if you feel it is in your abilityplease see rule number 3.
3. Do not attempt to play moderator. If you are the one attacked, by all means, feel free to try to talk calmly to de-escalate the issue, but do not start quoting rules, threatening banhammers, or threatening to 'sic the mods on' anyone. We are not your personal attack dogs. If you cannot de-escalate the issue, or do not wish to bother doing so, simply stop replying and contact the mods. If you come to us with an issue, we will gladly deal with the situation as we see fit.
3a. If you do not like how we deal with something, you are free to say something to us in a private method of contact, but if, upon appeal, our decision stands, that is final. If you don't like it at that point, you are free to leave.
4. Do not attempt to evangelize for any religion, including pagan beliefs and other faiths. Wounded souls are the most vulnerable, so refrain from undermining their faith further. Answering requests for more information and guidiance is not considered attempts at evangelizing. Neither is explaining your beliefs as context for an issue you are posting about.
5. This community is for healing from religious abuse. There are many results of religious abuse, some of which can also be caused by a variety of other things that may have happened in your life. If your issue is not related to religious abuse you have experienced, or is not related to religious abuse in general, do not post it. If your issue is caused in part by religious abuse, please make sure your posts in this community deal with those aspects. There are many other places you can go for assistance with the other things that contribute to the things you strugle with; please seek those places out for those issues. Think of this place like seeing a specialist; you wouldn't go to an orthopaedist for problems with your ears.
6. Do not disable, freeze, screen, or delete comments (including your own, unless you're just deleting and reposting to fix a minor error, like broken code). Don't delete your own posts or edit them to remove or alter the original text. If you believe something needs to be taken down, contact a moderator. Failure to obey this rule could possibly result in an instant ban. If you posted something that upset someone, or broke one of the above rules, let it stand. If you can't own up to it, then don't do it in the first place, or simply leave the community.
7. Do not make separate posts to reply to someone's post. Keep your comments to that post.
8. If your post is long, we require you to use an lj-cut. Here is the FAQ on how to use an lj-cut. This rule includes embedded videos and images.
|Subscribe to Wounded Warriors|
|Visit this group|